Alternative Karoo Longboard Deck 2019
Become one of the cool kids and confidently dance around the streets of your city with the Alternative Karoo longboard dancing deck. Cross steps, Peter Pan’s and long G-Turn’s – the Karoo handles everything in your book and despite its length, still leaves plenty of freestyle opportunities.
If you want to have an exceptional, stable and maneuverable longboard under your feet, look no further. The Karoo presents a new light and energetic wood core enhanced with hardwood laminates, fiberglass and a layer of carbon fiber in a robust sandwich construction.
Thanks to its well thought out design, this board introduces a fat bottom base that extends outwards through the whole length of the board and slightly narrows at the front and back side edges to enable wider and deeper wheel wells.
With wheelbite becoming a thing of the past, the Karoo offers improved wheel clearance that lets you pair it with your favorite longboard wheels and trucks.
In order to extend your fun, the construction is further reinforced with an added layer of ABS impact protection on the nose and tail, as well as durable ABS sidewalls surrounding the kicktails and wheel wells.
The Karoo includes a top-mount truck mounting system suitable for different longboard truck models for enhanced turning leveraged and a more controlled and stable feeling when riding.
Shape & Profile
With a symmetrical shape which enables you to fluidly change from riding regular to riding switch, the Karoo longboard deck offers a total length of 123 cm (48.42 inches) and variable wheelbase options ranging from 84 cm to 99.7 cm (33.07 inches – 39.25 inches).
With just the right amount of width for any shoe size, its 24 cm (9.45 inches) wide platform enables you to comfortably step on the Karoo without missing a beat.
The spacious platform of this longboard dancing deck will make learning new lines feel effortless and controlled, thanks to its comfortable concave with a slight rocker for seamless edge-to-edge transitions and generous kicktails with gravity-defying pop.
For enhanced energy return during carving, the Karoo offers a new and improved medium board flex pattern.
The Karoo was designed to provide a comfortable and stable platform for all longboard dancing enthusiasts no matter their skill level.
- Symmetrical shape with top-mount truck mounting
- Wide platform for a stable ride no matter your shoe size
- New lightweight core construction
- Robust sandwich construction featuring a light wood core surrounded by hardwood laminates
- Big wheel wells for higher wheel clearance
- ABS impact protection sidewalls with an additional ABS layer on the nose and tail
- Higher kicktail design for better pop
- A comfortable concave for good board feel
- Rocker for easier edge-to-edge transitions
- Medium flex pattern for improved energy return during carving
- Best used for Longboard Dancing
- Appropriate for all skill levels
- Handmade in Poland, Europe
- Graphic art by Tomasz Leśniak