Alternative Ostrich Longboard Deck 2019
Enjoy the unrestricted fun of riding an exceptional longboard deck with the Ostrich. If you’re looking for a versatile longboard that will provide you with the space you need to perform a wide array of tricks, dancing moves and grabs, the Ostrich might just be the right choice for you.
As the smaller sibling of the Karoo, the Ostrich offers a bang for your buck with a supple and light wood core surrounded by hardwood laminates, fiberglass and a layer of carbon fiber that create an ample vibration dampening and the right strength to flex ratio to fit all your longboarding needs.
With a fat bottom base that extends outwards through the whole length of the board and slightly narrows at the front and side edges, the Ostrich offers big wheel wells so you can pair it with your favorite longboard trucks and wheels.
For longer lasting fun, its sandwich construction is additionally reinforced with protective ABS sidewalls that enclose the wheel wells and kicktails, as well as an added layer of ABS on the nose and tail for improved durability.
With a top-mount truck mounting, the Ostrich offers a stable, yet comfortable ride while giving you a more direct board response.
Shape & Profile
The symmetrical shape of the Ostrich offers a total length of 115 cm (45.28 inches) and a width of 22 cm (8.66 inches) with variable wheelbase options ranging from 75 cm to 79 cm (29.52 inches – 31.1 inches) for a customised ride based on your personal preferences.
Its spacious platform, that rides equally well in both ways, makes it perfect for tricks and spins where you land in switch. To support your freestyle endeavors, the design of the Ostrich also features a comfortable rocker concave with higher kicktails compared to its predecessors for secure foot placement and massive pop.
This longboard deck is available in two flex options. For the best experience with your new longboard, choose between Soft Flex (for riders up to 65 kg) and Medium Flex (suited for riders with 65 kg or more).
The Alternative Ostrich Longboard Deck was designed to accommodate the needs of longboard dancing and freestyle riders. With a symmetrical shape and a stable platform, it also provides the optimal features to boost your skills and make learning new tricks or dancing moves easier and more enjoyable.
- Symmetrical shape with top-mount truck mounting
- Wide platform for a comfortable ride no matter your shoe size
- New lightweight core construction
- Robust sandwich construction featuring a light wood core surrounded by hardwood laminates
- Big wheel wells for higher wheel clearance
- ABS impact protection sidewalls on the board’s ends and wheel wells with an added layer on the nose and tail
- High kicktail design for better pop
- A mellow concave for good board feel
- Rocker for easier edge-to-edge transitions
- Soft or Medium flex pattern for improved energy return during carving
- Best used for Longboard Dancing and Freestyle
- Designed for all skill levels
- Handmade in Poland, Europe
- Graphic art by Tomasz Leśniak